Monday, March 24, 2014

Time Flies

Today my beautiful bride and I celebrate 48 years of marital bliss. We both shake our heads in disbelief to think it has been nearly a half century of marriage. Where the hell has the time gone? Where, indeed.It brings to mind a strange phenomena. I have spoken to many people over the years about it, and without exception, everyone over the age of 50 totally agrees: The older you get, the faster the times goes. It truly is strange. Nothing really changes, There are still 60 seconds to a minute, 60 minutes to an hour, 24 hours to a day, yet with each passing year time our perception of time accelerates. I remember as a kid Christmas would take forever to get here. Now, it seems like a month after you put away the Christmas decorations, you're pulling them out again. It's almost like a cruel joke on the part of Mother Nature. Bad enough we're all headed for that finish line, but has we move closer and closer to it, our speed picks up. Which just proves, I guess, that we really do have to make each minute count, because at my age, each minute lasts about 5 seconds. It's like a snowball gaining momentum as it rolls down hill.

I have one question: Where the hell are the brakes?

No comments:

Post a Comment